Shockwave Therapy at Third Space Wellness Centre
In short, shockwave therapy does many things very all, all at once in order to harness your own body’s innate ability to heal itself.
The term “shock” may make one believe that this implies an electrical current. But the “shock” in shockwave is more about an impact wave that travels extremely quickly through your tissues.
The effects of Shockwave Therapy Summarized
The shockwave causes a cavitation (creation and popping of microscopic gas bubbles) in the tissue, which imparts a deep vibration that increases circulation. It physically breaks down adhesions and scar tissue, and evokes a complicated series of biochemical reactions in order to wake up your body’s own healing mechanisms.
- Plantar fasciitis
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Rotator cuff (calcific) tendonitis
- Stress Fracture
- Osgood Shlatter’s Disease
- Golfer’s or Tennis Elbow (Medial or Lateral Epicondylitis)
- Osteoarthritis (not first line care for spine)
- Muscle strain/ pull or persistent Trigger Points within muscles
Why Third Space Wellness?
- Qualified: All intake, assessment, and treatment are performed by an accredited, duly licensed, and approved provider. Under no circumstances do we delegate any part of your consultation or treatment to anyone who isn’t properly qualified. In short, our Chiropractor does each and every treatment. Furthermore, your receipt will reflect his billing number so you can be assured there will be no problems being reimbursed by your insurance.
- Intake Procedures: Each and every case is thoroughly examined and evaluated by our Chiropractor. We’ll review your options, discuss contraindications to care, and assign home care to bolster your response to in office care. Unique to our office we will specifically review each of the major contraindications to care and discuss thoroughly if you are a good candidate for care and make specific suggestions for (quick) rehabilitation.
- Equipment: We use the industry leading manufacturer called Stortz Medical. This offers an increase of 20% on the power of the unit of other ones in the marketplace. This is the newest generation tool. As well use of the newest applicator tips to either ease in comfort or penetrating capacity of the shockwaves.
- Practitioner: Our Chiropractor Dr. Leering graduated fro the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in Toronto in 1997. He has been in practice for over twenty years and has specifically used shockwave therapy for over five years. His clinical experience will best guide you through your complete care.
- Home Care: Based on your clinical presentation and diagnosis we’ll provide you with an individualized home care program to bolster your response to in office care. We will caution you to what to look for in terms of any potential adverse reaction or side effects, and how to cope with any discomfort following care.
- Cost Sensitive: We do offer a package to those who wish. However, we recommend that you operate on a per visit basis. Some conditions will resolve faster than others. Dr. Leering’s experience and clinical expertise plays an important role in determining the length of your treatment. We will provide only the amount of care necessary. Additionally, if you present with both sided foot/ heel pain, we do not charge you extra to work both areas.
As a new patient to Dr. Leering for Shockwave, we charge a nominal fee for your intake, review, examination, review of options, discuss contraindications, and map out your home plan of your complaint. Each treatment session is billed separately. As indicated above, we will offer a package, but we do not pressure anyone to purchase a package.
What to Expect
- Complete our intake form and review the informed consent.
- Be greeted warmly and professionally and have your condition thoroughly reviewed by the Doctor.
- Review any contraindications to care and discuss & sign the treatment consent once all your questions are answered.
- Map out your plan for recovery.
- Once all questions and concerns are addressed to your satisfaction proceed with treatment.
- Exposure of the area is required to apply treatment with the Shockwave machine. Conducting gel is applied to the area just like when you receive an Ultrasound.
- Treatment will and should be felt firmly and you should provide feedback to the Doctor. As treatment progresses within each session and with successive sessions we try to increase the intensity of the pulses as we try to gain maximal response. However, your feedback is always important and will only be done with your approval.
- Follow your home care advise.
- Follow specific and individualized direction for recovery, rehabilitation, and prevention of recurrence.
Please feel free to contact our office to clarify any questions you may have. You may also book an appointment online. Please understand that our front desk staff cannot answer specific clinical questions.